Thread: Homework Time

Homework Time

When I was growing up my mom always made me do homework right when I got home. I have my kids get a snack and chill out for half an hour before I have them do theirs. When do you have your kids do theirs?

My kids have sports practice right after school so when I pick them up they have a little time to do their homework before dinner. If they don't finish they have to do it after we eat. If they didn't have sports I would give them about 30 minutes too and then I would have them do it.

My daughter and neice are at my home after school and they know the sooner they get done the sooner they can goof off together before her parents come or my daughter has to go to one of her practices but they are always allowed to chill with a snack first if they want.

I make the kids do it right when the get home. This way it is done and out of the way and they can play or spend quality family time after it's all done. They know the routine anyway, they come home, empty their backpacks, I bring them a snack and they do their homework.