Thread: Homeschooled Children More Likely to Go To College?

Homeschooled Children More Likely to Go To College?

I've been looking at some local statistics in my county and our home schooled children are much more likely to go to college than children who go to public school. I also see that our home schooled children get more scholarships than the children in public school. These statistics were compiled by our local school board and I'm glad to see it.

Those are really great statistics, and it's especially exciting to see the local school board reporting them. It's incredible how many people are terribly biased against homeschooling and when they have never even tried it. These types of statistics tend to give credibility to what we are doing.

Many homeschooled children do go on to school. I don't have the statistics like you do for our area. However, I have spoken to a psychiatrist that I met once. He said that in his practice and on the boards that he sits on, he sees that most homeschooled children tend to be more self-assured as well and that plays a part in their academics. Their confidence allows them to do things that perhaps a peer group would look down upon. He and his wife have since pulled their five children out of school and homeschool them. We also have our son at home.