Thread: What Happened to "Country" Line Dancing?

What Happened to "Country" Line Dancing?

I love line dancing and not just in the bars but there are some weekly classes in town and at the school, but more and more they're taking the country out of it and dancing to contemporary pop songs, I love my country songs, even if its more pop style at least it still has that country feel. Is this happening to other things we love? I guess so other wise we wouldn't have any cities.

I think line dancing has been both country and pop for a while. I mean, how long has the Electric Slide been around, lol. I don't think we have any classes for it around here, but I do see it occasionally in local bars.

It is also the same out here. I use to be able to pop into a dancing class down the road and be able to keep up. Now they all talk about needing the variety of dances so I stopped going. Couldn't say about the bar aspect though becuase I haven't gone out in years.

Your right about the electric slide, I guess every genre has its own versions but at least if you go into a country bar you'll most likely get country line dancing, or at least you should.

They are offering country line dance lessons in the town next to me. I don't know how to line dance and thought I just might give it a try. I have not made up my mind yet. I love to dance, I like to boogie and get down.