Thread: Public High Schools

Public High Schools

I've heard some very strange and sometimes scary stories about public high schools. I'm not sure I'd want to be a teacher or a student in one. What about your kid's high school? What's it like?

My kid's high school's seemed to be very safe, but you just never know when someone will snap... It is tough being a kid with all of the peer pressure.

Yeah, I wish we just watched too many horror movies and were paranoid. But the strange and scary stories have really happened. I have never heard it happening in the high school in my location though.

I have a friend who works as a custodian at the local high school. He's told me stories that are hard to believe, but true. He said kids have had sex underneath the steps and punched holes in the walls. I think it depends a lot on the high school and how it's run. Years ago, those things never would have happened at that high school because the principal had control, not the bad kind, but the good kind.

The high school in my town seems pretty safe. I substitute teach their on occasion and have never run into the stories listed above. I do live in a pretty small town so maybe that is why. The students are afraid it will get back to mom and dad!

It's not just public high schools, kids can snap in private high schools too. It's the peer pressure and bullying in these schools that makes kids snap. It could also be caused by parent pressure and I see that more in private school students than in public school students.