Not to be a smart-aleck, but if you're asking online how to cut a tall pine tree that's close to houses, I think you're in over your head. Colbe makes it sound easy, but there's a little more to it than sticking a wedge in the side. I've felled lots of trees and even when you're doing things right, the unexpected can happen. The ones I've done that were close to a house received a lot of scrutiny from the ground and planning. So, unless I'm mistaken on your experience level with a chainsaw, I'd leave it to the pros.

Robertbrown has some good ideas about reducing the cost with a little sweat equity.

Of course, you could always wait for a windstorm or lightning strike and let the insurance company deal with it after it's fallen on one of your houses. Just had one of our trees get hit by lightning a month ago and it fell on our neighbor's house. Not really a big deal, bent gutter, little roof damage. Couple of hours with a chainsaw and it was all gone. But..... if I had to cut it down BEFORE the storm, I'm sure my neighbor wouldn't let me use his house as a landing zone (LOL) and it would have been a bit more complicated.