Thread: Will the cost of going green ever change?

Will the cost of going green ever change?

Do you think we will ever see the day when it will be affordable for everyone to go green? I really wish these prices would come down to make it easier for more people to help the environment. I don't blame people for not having more efficient homes - it's still just too darn expensive.

Yes it will get more expensive.

I hope it does not get more expensive. I think with more companies doing more and going more green and with more green products being on the market, the costs will eventually drop down. They have to right?

I'd like the price to come down and soon. Even to convert an existing home to being as green as possible is too high for us at the moment. I did read though that the foam foundations---filled styrofoam blocks---are a very green way to go and doesn't seem to break the banks as much as some others. I believe my brother in law will be doing that for his new house that he is building himself this coming spring. His friend has it and they say that in the heart of Wyoming, their heating bills are only like $50 a month, if even that. They chalk it up to the foam foundation.

They say the 'cost' of going green will save you in the long run. I think it would be a LONG time before cost meets my budget and efficiency in the 'end'. I agree the prices should go down so we can all 'afford to go green'!

When updating I always try to do the green route. I know it is more expensive in the front end, but cost effective later. I also recycle and reuse anything I can.

With you guys on this and I'm getting tired of this. Not by going green, but prices.

I am also angered by the fact that it is so expensive 'to go green'. By green they should mean money colored! It is good for the environment I get it, but it should also be more affordable in this economy.