Thread: Ouch! smashed my finger

Ouch! smashed my finger

We went out to cut wood today and I smashed my finger between a piece of wood and the splitter. It hurts but it did not bleed. I was not paying enough attention to what I was doing.

Oh man, I feel your pain. Smashed my finger in a car door when I was young, hurt like heck and was not pretty as I lost the nail in the end but thank goodness it grew back, hope your ok.

You have to be careful and pay attention. It's a good thing you didn't cut it off with the wedge if you were splitting wood! I'm glad you didn't though. I too have slammed my finger in the car door a couple of times. It hurts awful!

That sounds like something I would do! I have smashed my fingers too many times to mention, even broke 2 of them this way! You better be more careful next time.

I'm notorious for accidents like that. I've been lucky and haven't broken anything (yet) and I can't remember the last time I lost a nail. I'm always good for clobbering myself with the hammer. I start working on something and moving along and next thing I know my mind wanders and boom.

Sorry, to read about your smash finger. Know what it feels like. Expect cutting the wood part of it.

Well, you are lucky that your finger is still there to feel pain! It could have been a lot worse, if the splitter had slipped!

It's a machine splitter, we built it so there is no slipping of the splitter. I had smashed it between the wood and the wedge. I am lucky my finger was not on the front of the wood, it would have been cut off. I usually am pretty careful.

Ouch, that must hurt! I have ever dropped a big hammer on my left foot. It hit the first toe hard and I ended up losing my toenail. Stupid!