Thread: Drop out rate

Drop out rate

I saw a segment on the news this morning about kids dropping out of school and they said the drop out rate in this country is almost 75%. I find that really hard to believe. In this day and age, why would so many kids drop out? What do you think can be done to rectify this?

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that the teen pregnancy rate is skyrocketing. I know that a lot of them don't think they need school too.

In my city, one in two students drop out of school. I think that everybody has drop the ball on this. I personally found a great charter school for my girls, but there are parents that don't know what to do or just don't care. I am hoping for a big reform on this. However, we as parents have to do something while this happens. One thing you have to do is be on top of your kids making sure they understand how important it is education. Parents also need to help school by volunteering as well as making sure that the teachers are doing what they are supposed to be doing. If we all do our part, we can be number one again. Right now, we have dropped to number 9 in college graduates at a global level.