Thread: Brahma bulls

Brahma bulls

Does anyone here own Brahmas? I've heard they have mean dispositions - true or false? What would you say are the important things to consider when buying a Brahma?

Brahmas are no different from any other breed just usually bigger. The most important thing to consider is what the heck are you going to do with it? If you have small cows you for sure do not want a great big bull. Unless of course you like dead calves and cows.

Here is a picture of one belongs to one of my neighbors. He used to come around my house for water. He is halter broke and totally tame and you can walk up and pet him and feed him by hand if you desire. He had a twin brother but some idiot hunter shot him and he had to be put down.

Attachment 2537

Oh, how sad that the brother had to be put down! Some people are just so stupid and irresponsible.

No, we don't have any other cattle at the moment. We had steers at one time, but we stopped dabbling in them a while ago. I was just curious about Brahmas because we were sitting around the other night talking about the different livestock options and what we might want to get in the future. More talk than anything at this point

When I was a kid, I think it was generally believed that Brahma bulls were ferocious, mean critters, and Brahma bulls were the only bulls used for bull riding in the local rodeos. But the reality is as jimbrown said; no different from other breeds, and now the professional rodeos even use cross breed bulls; very seldom see an actual Brahma.

Attachment 2538It is not a very good picture but here is one of both bulls.