Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone reading at the moment or been reading

Whats everyone reading at the moment or been reading

For me haven't been doing that lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

Anyway, the book that I'm going re start is this. Anthropology of an American Girl, Hilary Thayer Hamann.

Will let you guys know how this books turns out and hopefully I will like it. Finish it as well.

Here are some of the ones that I have read over the past half a year.

In Our Control: The Complete Guide to Contraceptive Choices for Women, Laura Eldridge. Forward by Jennifer Baumgardner.

Picked it up a awhile ago because it caught my eye. It was worth it and learned a whole lot from it as well. My only complaint Ms Eldridge was more naive minded then being open minded or whatever its called in some parts of the book.

The Kitchen Shrink: A Psychiatrist's Reflections on Healing in a Changing World
    , Dora Calott Wang

Have to say its definetly was worth the purchase and read. For the most part I found it refreshing then other memoirs that I have purchased and read. That are like hers because shes goes deeper then others. At least in my own eyes of course. At the same time felt there were parts of it that she or others in the book didn't do the right thing or etc along those lines. Since they were caught up in the process and etc along those lines. Then doing the right thing and etc along those lines.

Flow: Cultural History of Menstruation
    , Elissa Stein and Susan Kim.

Found out it about while browsing one of the local book store in my area, a while ago. Wasn't that crazy about it in the beginning, but in the end I was crazy about.

Heres my review of this it. Have to say its well worth the purchase and was worth the read. Well worth the keep as well. Should be require reading for everyone no matter what. Why did you choose the sources you did? Anyway, to me the sources aren't as in depth as to what I thought they would be.

Think thats it for now.

I just stared a book called Time in A River. I can't remember the author's name, though--just started it last night. So far, I'm liking it and I'm only into the 2nd chapter or so. Looks like a book where a middle aged woman finds her own power.

I am reading an autobiography titled "Footprints in the Snow: The Autobiography of a Chinese Buddhist Monk". It's a good and inspiring book about a Buddhist monk, a Chan Master. I like the way he writes the book. In the autobiography, he also describes a bit of Buddhist philosophy in an "understandable" way.

Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence. Written by John Ferling. Good book for history buffs.

Shows just how precipitous the new country's predicament was, and highlights some interesting politics of the time.

I am reading a couple trashy romance novels right now because my brain needed a break. I have had a long stressful couple weeks at work so I picked up a series called The Gemini Men by Jami Alden.

I hear ya, Downhome. Once in a while I need a break from the heavy stuff too. I read the Twilight series at the beginning of the summer for that very reason. Then the vampire thing was sparked in me so I went back and re-read Bram Stoker's Dracula. Now I am re-reading Wuthering Heights for probably the 50th time.

I was fond of reading adventurous novels in the past and I learned a lot from those books as well. Now days since I have started my career can't find enough time for reading books but today right after participating in this forum I am planning to buy some books specially historical books which can be beneficial one in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan786 View Post
    I was fond of reading adventurous novels in the past and I learned a lot from those books as well.
    In my childhood I liked to read adventurous novels especially those are written by Karl May. Now I don't have any particular preference when it comes to books.

@ CarrieAnn: Dracula by Bram Stocker is one of my favorite books.

I have started re-reading all of the true blood series. I fell in love with the books and now I love the HBO show as well. It is interested to see just how different the show is from the books and this makes it almost like two separate series. I enjoy these immensely and can't wait for another book to come out. Charlaine Harris is awesome.

I am fond of Dan Brown's books and now I am reading Digital Fortress. Well, I am almost done reading it actually, just a few pages left. I read The DaVinci Code in one sitting.