Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freelance Writing

Freelance Writing

Thinking that freelancing writing is right up on my ally. This isn't the 1st time that I thought about this, but still unsure on all of this. Even though after looking into it in the past.

How do I come about getting paid for my work. Because I really need the money then my current way. My dads pays me for volunteering and work around the house/etc.

Plan on taking on my time on this.

If you want to write articles, there are article directories, like Associated Content, that pay a small amount for articles they publish. They also pay a residual amount for visits that your articles get.

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    If you want to write articles, there are article directories, like Associated Content, that pay a small amount for articles they publish. They also pay a residual amount for visits that your articles get.
    Thanx for the heads up on this and will look to it.

I write for Associated Content, but I don't make a lot of money on it. Unless you get a lot of people to read it... You get paid by how many people view your content. I guess you can advertise it on Facebook, etc..

I often hear about Associated Content, but I have never written articles for the website. How much do they pay for an article? Is it easy to get your article approved and published there?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    I write for Associated Content, but I don't make a lot of money on it. Unless you get a lot of people to read it... You get paid by how many people view your content. I guess you can advertise it on Facebook, etc..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudywindy View Post
    I often hear about Associated Content, but I have never written articles for the website. How much do they pay for an article? Is it easy to get your article approved and published there?
    pumpkin and cloundywindy,

Thanx for your responses about associated content. Have to look into it more now.

Check out this link: WAHMs Who Write - WAHM Forums - WAHM.com

This is a great resource for all different companies that pay for articles. Some are harder than others to get into, but everyone has to start somewhere.

I am a freelance writer for oDesk.com. There are lots of opportunities there for home jobs. You have to start at a lower price for starters though, then climb up the price ladder.

Interesting. I often hear about oDesk and even have an account there, but I have never got a job available on the site. How did you get your first job on oDesk?

If you're a good writer and get hooked up with a good company you can make good money. One of my friends makes about $2,000 / month doing this, but be careful as many of the companies out there are just scam artists. Good luck with it.