Thread: A Newborn in the Hospital Circumcised Without his Parents Consent

A Newborn in the Hospital Circumcised Without his Parents Consent

A Newborn in the Hospital Circumcised Without his Parents' Consent After reading this article in the Miami Herald.
    Accidental circumcision leads to lawsuit, protest, I feel sick.
    Thanx for the heads up on this and I'm with the others responders to this.

As for me I'm I wasn't shocked about this because I'm a student of this subject for as long as I remember. And life as well. Anyway, I'm totally against this procedure being done in the 1st place or etc along those lines as well. Because theres more proven risks to it then proven to effective or whatever its called. At the same time haven't really done any serious learning and researching on this or etc as well. Basically, its a huge subject and etc.

I would be outraged, not so much that it was done, but that it was done without my consent. I think there are way too many frivolous medical lawsuits, but in this case I would consider one. Some people, and not only those in the medical field, need to learn that the kids are the parents and not society's. Perhaps if that couple sued and got the doctor where it really hurts, in the pocket book, others would think twice about doing any medical procedure without parental consent.

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    I think there are way too many frivolous medical lawsuits, but in this case I would consider one. Some people, and not only those in the medical field, need to learn that the kids are the parents and not society's. Perhaps if that couple sued and got the doctor where it really hurts, in the pocket book, others would think twice about doing any medical procedure without parental consent.
    I'm with you on this, but also they should sue others involve in this. Including hospital as well.

I'm with you on this, but also they should sue others involve in this. Including hospital as well.
    I agree with you. Absolutely, they should sue others involved and the hospital. Somehow, to me it makes it even worse that it was accidental, but then I heard of another case years ago when they amputated the wrong person's lower leg. Maybe I shouldn't be on this thread. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow because of a double-break to my elbow that hasn't healed right in a year. I'm already apprehensive enough about possible surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    I heard of another case years ago when they amputated the wrong person's lower leg. Maybe I shouldn't be on this thread. I'm going to my doctor tomorrow because of a double-break to my elbow that hasn't healed right in a year. I'm already apprehensive enough about possible surgery.
    Interesting and never heard of this. Yes, this can be included this thread.

I would be absolutely furious if this happened to my child without my consent. I, too, am against most medical lawsuits because I believe that it's God that gives and takes life, not the doctors, but in a case like this where they didn't even consult the parents it is going too far and they need to be stopped.

I'm in total agreement! I understand that the medical staff is human and humans make mistakes, but there is no room for making mistakes in that field. One of the first things they do at hospitals is put an identifying bracelet on patients. Through vigilance in checking the bracelet against the chart, accidents like that should never happen. I'm another who doesn't believe in frivolous lawsuits, but to me this case was pure negligence. I would sue.