Thread: An Anthropologistc's Take on Homemaking

An Anthropologistc's Take on Homemaking

Got a internal error message where I 1st posted this thread (homesteading forum area) and was told to contact you about it. Unsure on what happen because I copied and pasted it from my facebook account. Somehow theres a duplicate of this one. Which I did as well.

Home & Garden
    By PENELOPE GREEN
    Published: August 25, 2010
    For Mary Catherine Bateson, daughter of Margaret Mead and author of a new book on domesticity, homemaking is more about community than about a perfectly appointed living room.

Interesting. Unsure on how I feel on this and etc.

It sounds like the book would be an interesting read. I'm not sure I would agree with her view. I can see a connection, but I don't believe you can take the "home" out of homemaking to say that it's more about community than home. Then, she didn't say that. She said "a perfectly appointed living room." Has anyone read the book?

Quote Originally Posted by enJoyingLife View Post
    It sounds like the book would be an interesting read. I'm not sure I would agree with her view. I can see a connection, but I don't believe you can take the "home" out of homemaking to say that it's more about community than home. Then, she didn't say that. She said "a perfectly appointed living room." Has anyone read the book?
    Yeah, but I'm torn on her view of things. Her book is out and requested it from the library. At this time I'm unsure when its going to be in since its checked out the moment.