Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monthly Bills

I pay all of mine either by initiating it myself or doing automatic deductions. However, I still get the paper statements in the mail. I don't trust the companies to keep that information available to me. As for checks, I barely use them now.

I used to pay all my bills online. But after I kept getting viruses I started asking for paper statements. I will still pay my mortgage and go to my banks site because they are safe. At least they told me they were when I called. I pay by phone for the ones that don`t charge me for it. I don`t like to send in checks because you have to send it at least 5 days in advance and sometimes my husbands paychecks just don`t hit on the right day.

My wife looks after all of our finances and she has been banking online for years now. She is on her computer all day so it's very convenient and of course it doesn't cost anything.

Oh, I do this too and not only bills, I do absolutely everything online from grocery shopping to buying clothes and electrical goods. I very rarely have to go into town to shop as I can have everything delivered. It's great!

Yeah, you do want to make sure you are using a safe connection. If you see a website that says "Https" then the s stands for secure. Paypal for example should always have that s. I was told by paypal that if I ever see it with out the s that it could be a redirect and never to log in with out the s. Every time I pay a bill I look for the s.

Oh yes, security is absolutely essential. That's why I don't do anything myself. My wife is very computer savvy and she knows all the scams so she also knows how to avoid them. My sister was caught not long ago and had her credit card details stolen!