Thread: Trick or treating

Trick or treating

What does everyone do about this? When you live in the middle of no where and your kids need a place to trick or treat do you drive into town? I feel bad invading other people's communities since we don't live there, but what else can you do?

We used to do just that when I was a kid but town was our community we just lived in the boonies of it. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all, I am sure it happens all the time.

Of course it's been a long time ago when I was a kid, but yep, our parents used to take us into town to go trick or treating. Now we live in town and in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, so we have lots of trick or treaters every year. But we never ask where they come from and I don't think anyone else does either.

We lived in the boonies too. My dad always took us to where he grew up the next town over. My grandparents would let us get dressed at their house then we would go around and my dad would get to catch up with a few people. Then when I got older I would pass out candy with my grandma, fun memories.

I take the kids to town, the same one that they go to school at and I pay taxes for. I think a lot of people do this. We did it as kids too. They love to trick or treat and I love to sneak the candy that I love out of their pumpkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    and I love to sneak the candy that I love out of their pumpkins.
    Haha, isn't it awful that we do that! Same thing at Easter too, lol. Hey, if we can't get away with trick or treating as adults, what choice do we have but to sneak stuff out of our kids pumpkins?

Thanks for all the responses - I don't feel so guilty now about having to go to a place where we don't live

I am guilty of that. I go to more affluent neighborhoods for the good candy and to feel a lot more safer. I also try to go to the mall if I can go early enough otherwise there is no candy.

I take my kids into town. We live out too far for them to get more than a couple houses in and nobody trick or treats their. Both my sisters and I are getting together with our kids to all take pics at my moms house then all go together so it should be a great time!

Well, as kids, we went everywhere. I don't really think it's invading; it is actually part of the overall fun of the holiday. Go for it, is what I say.

We live on a dead end street that's off a busy highway so kids from other areas don't bother. There aren't many kids on the street anymore, they've grown up. One neighbor does have a party for what kids there are and we all donate condy for it.