Thread: Fall cleaning

Fall cleaning

Everybody always talks about spring cleaning but what about fall cleaning. What are the things you do to get your house ready for winter? I am hoping to get the carpets shampooed and repaint a couple rooms in my house before it gets too cold to do it. We have also put all the patio furniture up for the winter.

I was just told that we might start the kitchen remodel project. Ripping out the walls and rewiring, etc. Can you say fun! I said this sounds more like a Spring project and if you could have seen the look my wife gave me, you would have ran for your life.

I would rather do the general cleaning during winter when the family is usually cooped up inside with nothing to do. I get more help and everybody is warmer with all the cleaning activities.

I also do spring and fall cleaning. I change over the cloths from spring/summer to fall/winter and put them away into totes. Then I change the light bedding to my flannel sheets and heavy comforter.

Warmer when cleaning in the winter. Heck it's usually too hot to clean in the winter at our place (we heat with wood). Our project so far is going pretty well. I think it will take about a month more (we are both working outside the home still) so we are not working on it 100% of the time.

I actually focus more on fall cleaning than I do on spring cleaning. Fall is my favorite time of year and I go all out to make sure everything is organized and spotless for the holidays. From the time the fall decorations go up to the time the Christmas stuff comes down and I very particular about everything looking just right.

My preparation for that includes shampooing carpets, moving furniture, washing curtains and drapes, moving appliances, etc. Sometimes I get motivated and do that stuff in the spring too, but it doesn't happen every year.

I usually only do one large cleaning a year. I use my carpet cleaner more often than most, and move my furniture around every couple months so I don't get bored with it.

Cleaning? What's that? :} We clean as we go along and don't really do a big cleaning like you'd think of. It's just a lot easier to keep it clean than to make it one large event.