Thread: Pony

Pony

My son really wants a pony. I have a buddy that has one for sale, but I think my son is too young still. He is 6. Anyone else with small children think it is a little too early?

Well consider this. You are the one thats going to have to feed it, clean up after it, saddle it up, and walk it around while he just sits there. Ahh really neat for about two times. I think you are about 6 or 7 years to early.

Do you like pony yourself? If so, go ahead. If not, I think it's too early for your kid to have a pony, and like Jimbrown said, it would give so so much burden to take care of the pony.

Around here kids as young as two are riding horses. Taking care of them will probably fall on you...

I had my first pony when I was about 4 or 5, so he's definitely not too young. As others have said though, most of the care will be your responsibility. A 6 year old can certainly help though (I know I had to!).

I don't think it's too young, but the key is what the others have mentioned. Are you prepared to care for the pony, or do you have someone who is? I love animals. What a great way to grow up, having a pony.