Thread: Full moon or starry nights

Lightbulb Full moon or starry nights

Walking around during the evenings is a great way to relax and unwind. I love doing it especially during the full moon when everything looks so bright! But it is also lovely to walk under the stars on a moonless night.

Starry nights are one of the best things about living in the country. I find it amusing when friends from the city come to visit and look up at the sky. Their response is always the same - My, God, look at all the stars! Lol. I guess they forget how many stars there are since they can't see them in the city. That would drive me crazy.

I also love the stars at night. I use to lay on the football field at college with a buddy of mine from New Jersey, because he didn't get to see that back home. It is a nice thing to do with my wife after a busy day too, as it relaxes us.

With or without the moon, starry nights are always wonderful and those are some things not to miss. That's one of the reasons why I always take a walk after dinner.

I love both. Nothing that makes you feel small and special at the same time. It is wonderful knowing someone made a beautiful place for me to enjoy. A shame that some are messing it up with pollution. I hope that by the time I have grand kids they can enjoy it also.

I too like starry nights and feel sorry for those who live where there is so much light pollution they can't see the milky way. As a once in a while astrophotographer and occasional astronomer I regret the continuous loss of really dark skies due to increasing light pollution.

There is just so much apathy and ignorance regarding light pollution. Why waste your money shining light up into the sky when with a little care you can keep the light where it will do you some good.

International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) IDAHome

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

wandrer
    I love both. A sky with full Moon and stars always look awesome and wonderful

well, at might No matters moon is half or full.
    stars make it special.

We moved from a farm about 14 years ago and starry nights are one of the few things we miss. We're actually only a couple of miles away from it but in a bit of a valley with surrounding trees so the only stars we get to see are directly above us.

The full moon is a bit different though. We have three light tubes to give more light to a couple of otherwise dim areas during the day. On a clear night with a full moon it's almost like daylight inside.

Administrator
    It really is something, isn't it? Nothing like country star gazing...