Thread: Homeschooling Qualifications

Homeschooling Qualifications

Homeschooling in today's world really seems like the way to go, but what are the requirements for the parents doing the schooling? Do they have to be teachers, or just what?

No, a homeschooling parent does not need to be a teacher. The requirements for homeschooling are about the curriculum. Home school kids also have to be able to pass the state standardized tests. An interesting home school alternative is an online home school, these are public charter schools and give you all the supplies you need.

Thank you so much for the information. It has been a concern as to what the requirements are, so it seems like it's time to do a bit of research on the specifics and then move forward.

Research will help you understand what you need to know. Now, I do believe that each state has different regulations on how homeschooling is done. The public online school option might not be available in every state.

I hadn't realized that there were online homeschooling options and that is something we'll check into and see how it might fit. I'm sure you're right about various state rules and requirements, too.