Thread: Chocolate melting

Chocolate melting

I want to make chocolates for my wedding favors. I bought the melting chips and molds last night and made a batch up. The chocolate still had air bubbles and I was wondering if anyone has experience or tips that would help? Also was wondering if their was cheaper (but still good) chocolate out their I could melt other than the Wilton melting ones?

I'm not sure about melting chocolate for molds either, but I would think working the air out would have something to do with how it is stirred. I also don't know much about the chocolate you're using, but I do know this - chocolate is one of those things where you don't want to skimp on quality.

Every winter I help my mom make chocolate covered pretzels and cherries. Our grocery store sells their brand melting chocolate and make sure you tap out the air bubbles in the molds. Are you melting the chocolate long enough? It should be pretty runny, but not boiled. We heat it in the microwave for 1 min on defrost then every 30 seconds we stir until thin.

You can use candy quick instead of the more expensive ones. You prepare it just like Xavier said. You have to kind of tap the molds on the counter to settle the chocolate and release the air bubbles. I make chocolates for Christmas every year and if you use those expensive Wilton candy melts in can get expensive.

There is a melting chocolate at Party City that is not Wilton and is better and creamier than the Wilton. The key is to melting slowly and no direct heat. Once you put it on the mold you need to hit the mold on the table a couple of times to make the air bubbles come up. I have made hundreds of chocolate roses for weddings and sweet sixteens.

The tapping on the counter worked amazing! I also melted the chocolate as suggested and all the molds came out without any bubbles!!! I am so excited! I am going to look into the chocolates downhome and Chiquita suggested thank you very much for your help!