Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old toys

I liked playing doctor when I was a kid. I had a toy stethoscope which I used on everyone, even the pets. I did not become a doctor though.

Chess was one game I always wished I learned, my dad liked to play but he never taught any of us kids but maybe I just don't remember him trying and we couldn't catch on. Maybe me and my kids could learn together.

If we are talking really old fashioned toys, I can remember being bought a pair of roller skates for Christmas and I had so much fun. We didn't even have helmets, elbow and knee pads in those days but no one freaked out over a scraped knee!

I can remember when my kids preferred to play with the box the toy came in rather than the toy! My memories include skipping ropes, balls, jacks and dolls that walked and talked without batteries!

I still have the train set I recieved for Christmas as a kid one year. I keep it set up in the attic, and when the grandchildren come over to visit, I take them up there. It's a blast for all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudywindy View Post
    Hey, what about chess? It's not a game for children but I love it and I have been playing it since I was 8 or 9. My brother taught me to play chess and I still love the game till now.
    I never was able to play chess. It is too complicated for me. For that same reason, I am not good a dominoes. I am not that good with thinking two or three steps ahead. I prefer word games like Boggle and Scrabble. I also love Monopoly. I have several version like Milleniumnopoly and two collector's edition.

I've dreamed of becoming a pilot since I was little. Guess what, my favorite old toy was a toy plane. Imagine my excitement when I got to play with an RC plane, the thing is that toy was the toy of my friend.

I loved Lincoln logs and farm animals that had a barn with it and I would sit and play for hours with it. We also use to just make up games like playing 'fort' with our bunk beds and we also played a lot of UNO.