Thread: Hybrids

Hybrids

I have mixed feelings about hybrid cars. Do you think the saving on gas you will enjoy from having a hybrid is worth the extra cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I have mixed feelings about hybrid cars. Do you think the saving on gas you will enjoy from having a hybrid is worth the extra cost?
    Might depend on how many miles you drive and whether city or highway, but for the vast majority of us, we'd probably never recover the extra cost. But if the reason for buying a hybrid is to go "green" or conservation, maybe it's worth the extra cost to you. I know it would not be financially advantageous to me.

I really do not think hybrid cars are very good. I think they cost to much for very little savings on case. The new all electric cars MIGHT be a better alternative but only time will tell for sure.

I am in agreement. I would love to go green with my car, but the cost is just not green friendly. Unless it is for the companies that are going to get all my green money.

LOL, Yeah I know that the cost is not environmentally and financially friendly, and I don't think I could afford it, even if it's worth the cost. Should we just wait for the all electric cars?

For me, a hybrid is senseless. My truck very seldom sees anything beyond the town we live in so I would never recoup the cost. My husband drives A LOT, but he needs his big boy truck to haul trailers. As far as I know, they haven't made a hybrid that has the capabilities that a one ton dually has

I think heavy-duty hybrid trucks are available on the market already. I read in this article that it's estimated that,
    hybrid fleet sales will increase from 300,000 in 2009 to more than 830,000 in 2015.
    I am not sure about the price of the vehicles though.