Thread: High winds leads to search and rescue

High winds leads to search and rescue

We had winds in excess of 50MPH today. It caused all kinds of damage outside including taking out our porch light. We also had a search and rescue mission for our outside garbage cans. We found one about a half mile away and another around the block in somebody's yard. It is crazy.

We are having those strong winds too. I got to sit in traffic at a 6 lane road where the traffic light was out. People need to go back to drivers education!!! It was such a mess and took an hour to get to the light to sit for another 10 minutes before people would actually let me take my turn!

Yeah, that was one crazy storm that brought some impressive winds. I got lucky and did not lose anything or suffer damage. There is a ton of trash that blew in to my yard from somewhere but that will be easy to clean up. Hope every one stayed safe!

Ahhh, the great garbage can hunt. Gotta love that. We've had some windy days here this week, but nothing major, thank goodness. I saw that the midwest got pounded - is that where ya'll live?

I also had to go on a garbage can hunt. It happens a few times a year to us. One time it wasn't wind or storm that took it, the kids around the block stole it. Too bad my address was on the bottom in maker! At least you found them!

Yeah I was glad we found them as well. those things can get expensive for the big ones! I do in fact live in the Midwest. We got hit really hard for about 4 days.