Thread: Gold or land?

Gold or land?

What do you think is more profitable to invest in, gold or land? I know both are profitable as generally the price of gold and land are always increasing.

I think they are both wise investments. If you have land you have security because you could use it to become self sufficient if necessary. If you have gold then you have a kind of currency that will never go out of style.

That's a good point Meghan. If you don't plan to sell you land, you can use it for growing plants for food or raising cattle. But I think it's easier and faster to sell gold than to sell land.

Yes I agree that selling gold is easier and faster than selling land. That will be helpful when you need an emergency fund. Though, I hear that the price of and is increasing faster than it is of gold.

Anything to get it out of dollars is good right now. Farm land is a traditional refuge for wealth in an unstable economies. Gold is great especially now that it's down 25%, but don't forget silver which is historically undervalued. Historical average is 16 to 1 now it's 53 to 1! (gold to silver) I would suggest if you like land to get both, diversity is always #1. It's widely recommended that 10% of your portfolio be in pms (precious metals).