Thread: Kountry

Kountry

Is it just me or are other people tired of seeing businesses that spell country as kountry? As in Kountry Kitchen, Kountry Kennels, etc. I get the play on the spelling and all that, but it's really getting on my nerves.

I can't stand this either. I am really uptight about spelling and it bothers me when they spell stuff wrong whether they are trying to brand something or not.

It does not bother me at all, and yes I have seen it. I think they are trying to be original and catchy but they are not being original as it is everywhere. The only problem with the odd spellings is that when people are searching for them online, they won't find them.

I am not a fan of the trend, but it doesn't bother me too much. I think in general we are cutting corners with your English language. It is one of the reasons why are kids tend to go backwards instead of forward in education. We have a rich language why do we need to chop it up in order to be fashionable or to be faster.

I can't bear it either, no matter if they did the mispelling on purposes or they are just ignorant. There are many other ways of making a unique brand without mispelling words.