Thread: Dryer heating coil repair

Dryer heating coil repair

My dryer is not working and a fried has diagnosed it as a heating coil malfunction. He said I can pick up the part and that it is an easy fix. Anyone know how this fix is done and what tools are needed?

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    My dryer is not working and a fried has diagnosed it as a heating coil malfunction. He said I can pick up the part and that it is an easy fix. Anyone know how this fix is done and what tools are needed?
    For anyone to answer this, they'd need to know the brand and perhaps the model. I've done a few, but it's been a lot of years. A long time ago, GE products, including Hot Point and Penncrest required removing the top and front of the machine, then removing the drum to get to the heating element. Whirpool products, including Kenmore were simpler because you removed the heating element and its housing from the back of the machine without taking other things apart. I hope (assume?) your friend eliminated the switch, timer, and thermostats as the cause of the heating element not getting hot. Tools needed are ordinary hand tools; screwdriver, open end/box end/socket/or adjustable wrench. I prefer sockets myself.