Thread: School Pride

School Pride

Is anybody watching School Price? It is the Extreme Makeover "School Edition". I love this show. It gives so much hope to kids. It also confronts the people responsible for the school going down.

I saw the advertisements for the show but I didn't know it was on already! What day, time and channel? I want to see it, it looked really good. I hope it holds the people accountable for making these kids learn in these dumps!

I have noticed that it is on but lately, I haven't been watching that much first run. I've just been dealing with stuff that has kept me away. I'm sure it's good though.

I haven't heard of it. What type of issues are they confronting/fixing? It seems to me that if they want to improve a school it needs to start with the teachers and the quality of learning the kids are getting.

The show is Fridays on NBC. The first school they fixed they found a room full of materials and the teachers had said that they never get materials. When they confronted the principal he said that he didn't give it away because he didn't want them to finish because he didn't know when he would get more money. In the meantime, the teachers didn't even have decent blackboards and in the room there were tons of materials to make white boards. By the end of the show, they informed that the school had a new principal 4 months later.

Also when they redid a school in Baton Rouge, they talked to the state superintendent and he says that the state doesn't give money to the schools only to pay for teachers. He said that if they wanted money for buildings then they would have to do with less money for teachers. He said they were a poor state like 10 times during the interview.

I agree with you Meghan. I also have a few teacher friends and they struggle a lot. We had almost a revolt when our governor said in an interview that if teachers really cared about their students they would be willing to take a pay cut because we were among the 10 states paying the most to its teachers. That was one of the most idiotic statements I have ever heard.

The school system is so messed up right now where I live. It is very hard to know who to trust when they all act like criminals. Meanwhile, the children are the real losers.

School days were really very different and I remember that I really missed my days and these time activities that was so nice every day was very interesting day with my friends and relatives.

I'm going to look for this one because I love extreme home makeover. Makes me cry all the time