Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling

Traveling

I have to admit that my biggest hobby is to travel specially driving. It relaxes me, and I love just seen how different things are from one street to another. How far have you been from home? How much farther do you plan to go?

I have driven to 15 different states and 4 Canadian cities. I have visited a total of 20 states. My dream is to visit each state. I have been to both coasts in the US and Canada. I have also traveled to Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Argentina, and three times to Holland. The farthest I have traveled is to Israel for a 10 day pilgrimage. My next planned trip is to Mexico for a wedding.

I have visited 35 states and have traveled all over the Caribbean. I have also lived in Canada, Sweden, Germany, and four states. I like seeing different places, but at this point I am kind of enjoying staying put.

CarrieAnn that sounds like a very exciting life. I have always wanted to travel but my parents were homebodies. Now that I am older, I just don't have the funds to travel farther than to neighboring states for day trips. My dream is to visit Brazil and Argentina.

I live in the UK and I have been to lots of European countries including France, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal but my longest journey was to visit my stepdaughter in Alaska. Now that was an exhausting trip across the ocean!

I'm also based in Britain now but I was brought up in Canada, have visited the USA and Australia and when I was in the forces I went to places like the Maldives, Goa and the Phillipines. I also spent two years in Cyprus in the seventies but the best place I ever visited was Austria on my honeymoon!

Lately, I have found traveling to different places really fascinating. I live in the Philippines, and I haven't visited all the alluring islands here, and I am looking forward to doing so. The farthest I have visited is Thailand.

Our only travels outside the USA have been to 4 of the Texas/Mexico border towns and 4 provinces of Canada on trips to Alaska. I've been in some part of every state except Hawaii. We had RVs in earlier years, and then were full time RVers for 6 years, so we've been in some part of every state in RVs except California and Hawaii. I guess we were very lucky.

Actually, next year we are staying in the UK for our main holiday and exploring parts of England that we don't know very well. I don't drive and my husband doesn't really enjoy driving but it's not so stressful when you can take your time.

Alisha2
    That's Really good. Traveling In car, On such a long drive, I just love to go on long drive. This is always a real fun to Go on drive.

My wife and I like to travel. I've been in 27 states and she's been in about the same number but some different. She was married previously and went with her first husband to a few states I haven't been to. We started tent camping together about 30 years ago. Eventually we bought a van and partially converted it for camping. We traveled around new England mostly with a few trips to Canada.

More recently we bought a motor home and have made several trips this year with one more planned for early November. I don't know where we'll go next year, maybe WV or SC. Our little dog has been on several trips with us, she loves to ride on the dash.