Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Car

Smart Car

I see a few on the road and they have me wondering how safe are they. They are so small and I can not believe they would pass any crash test at all. I would not feel safe in one!

How smart are the Smart cars anyway? What differs them from regular cars other than the size? Similar to you, I wouldn't feel safe to drive a Smart car either.

I think they wouldn't even be good for any normal size family unless they have it as a second car to do errands. I think of them as golf carts. I wonder how are we supposed to save with them.

Well according to this article, the Smart car got the highest safety rating in tests against cars of a similar size and weight. I think they're cute and would be ideal for a couple who have no children.

That's good news, thanks for sharing. They maybe the safest among the other cars of a similar size manufactured by other companies. Just keep in mind that on the road, we will mostly be dealing with larger cars.

A guy in my street has one of these and it's a convertible. It looks like a miniature sports car and it's so cute my wife would love one. They almost look like toy cars! It's nice to know that they have a good safety record though.

I also wonder about the safety but I would love to have one as the secondary car. As it is smaller in size and capacity, I think it consumes less gas than the regular cars do.

Smart cars look like electric carts to me and I worry about their safety as well. I can't buy one anyway, since I have a kid. I bet they are great for parallel parking though!

I don`t know about these cars. They are so small I too would be afraid to drive one. I think they are ugly too lol. What do they cost anyway? Anyone know?

Consumer Reports says the Smart car is one of the least reliable cars they've ever tested. It gets 39 MPG's but requires premium gas. The automated manual transmission has the worst shift quality ever tested.

And the Smart company may know it's not reliable. Their warranty? Only 2 years/24000 miles. Most cars have triple that, or more.