Thread: Something for end of season potluck.

Something for end of season potluck.

Does anyone have ideas for my daughters soccer potluck? I'm thinking of soccer cookies and a main dish but I'm not sure how to make the design as it may be to detailed for my skill level.
    Thanks.

One hit I always make for potlucks is a big cassarole dish of homemade meatballs in sauce. They get cleaned up EVERY time! Use lean ground beef with egg, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesean (fresh is best... and use at least a half cup per pound of grnd beef). Brown them in olive oil (I make mine small... about 1 and a half inches, so they cook thru). Let them cool while making sauce (big can of crushed tomatoes, regular can of plain tomato sauce, half can of paste, teaspoon (or to taste) of sugar... get that simmering then throw in the meatballs and cook them for about an hour on low. Carefully spoon them into a serving dish and dust the top with more Parmesean and a little fresh parsley if ya got it. Buy a loaf of french bread and cut it in one inch slices (people don't like to fuss with anything LOL). You will see them disappear in a half hour with folks asking for more!