Thread: Condensation on windows

Condensation on windows

The wet weather has arrived and with it the streaming condensation on the windows! It's not so bad since we had our windows and doors double glazed but it's still there. What do you do about it?

Dehumidifier worked for us. Too much moisture inside the house. Up north were we live it goes away as winter sets in and the air dries out.

I'd agree with that as we've just bought our first dehumidifier and I wonder how we managed before! It seems to take a couple of litres a day of moisture out of the air.

I went ahead and bought a dehumidifier and I'm really pleased with the results. We kept it on continuously to begin with and it was taking a lot of water out of the air. At the moment we have 45 degrees of humidity and it has switched itself off.

We were experiencing over 70 degrees overnight, which is very bad but it's down to only 55 now. I wonder why I lived so long without one of these little machines?

I use a dehumidifier as well. Works well and is easy to move around too where it is needed most. I really want to get my self a second one so I can have them where I need them.

It is incredible to read about this problem when mine is completely different. It might be that we keep the heater kind of high because my kids tend to get sick frequently and my mom has arthritis, but my problem is that my air is too dry. I have to put a humidifier in the girls room or they have nose bleeds.