Thread: Need info for sister

Need info for sister

My sister did not make her car payment last month and she is starting to stress out. Do you know how many payments you can miss before the company will come and take the car back?

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    My sister did not make her car payment last month and she is starting to stress out. Do you know how many payments you can miss before the company will come and take the car back?
    It depends entirely on who financed it, and whether they think there's more pofit to be made by repossessing it and reselling it or not. They may come after the car after missing one payment, or they may try to contact her by phone or mail to see if she will make the payment. In some cases, a person may miss a half dozen payments before the vehicles is repossessed.

I think it is usually about two months, but it may be possible that she can work something out with the finance company. I actually had one work something out with me, by spreading my past due payments out and adding them to my current payment.

Alright, I will tell her to give them a call and try to work something out. If she can just get through 2 more months she can use her tax refund to pay it off. Would be awful to see her lose it when she is so close.