Thread: They won`t keep my truck clean

They won`t keep my truck clean

We only have one vehicle and that`s my Ford Ranger. My husband and my sons use it but do not keep it clean. I get so mad at them. Soon my oldest will have his van back on the road. All I ask is for them to not leave trash in my truck. Maybe I should make a sign and hang it in my truck. I got my truck when my Uncle died. It was like new with hardly any miles on it. Any advice?

Is this the only place that they are like this or are their rooms the same way and they expect you to clean up after them or wait until you make them? If it is the truck won't be any different plus you have to have your husband on board with this or your sons won't hear you but will only follow his example.

I wouldn't lend it to any of them. I agree that you need to get your husband on board. Everybody needs to contribute to the cleaning of the house. Work is part of life and like the gospel said today, "those who don't work, shouldn't eat."

My sister is the same dad gum way when she borrows my Honda. She'll bring it back with McDonald wrappers and everything. But I save it up, and when I go to her house, I dump all her trash right there on her driveway!

Makes me laugh!

I have the same problem in my house. I am just tired of yelling about it so I clean it up myself. I have come to learn "pick your battles" and this is just one I have decided to ignore. When it comes to house hold chores or rooms then I don't give up!

I used to be this way the first couple years I had my truck but after awhile, I just kinda let it go. I think it was more an issue of working so much I was in my car more often than my house than anything else.

I hate loaning out my truck or anything to any of my family simply because they don't take care of things either. I haven't tried the dumping it in their front yard yet but I may just do that next time.