Thread: Cranberry Sauce - fresh or canned?

Cranberry Sauce - fresh or canned?

OK, so when it comes to cranberry sauce, everyone seems to have different tastes. I always loved the episode in All In the Family when Gloria made homemade cranberry sauce, and Archie sneered at it and asked what it was. When he heard it was cranberry sauce, he demanded, "Well, I want the real stuff in the can!" Some of my family like the canned sauce, others like homemade, some like pieces of cranberry in it, some don't. Since having the cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving dinner is a must - which is the best choice?

I'm like Archie; I want the real stuff in the can, a jell without any pieces in it, and a tiny bit Thanksgiving and again at Christmas is plenty to do me for the year.:laughing: To me, it's one of those things that ain't bad, but also ain't good enough to want any more.:laughing:

I actually don't like cranberry sauce. The family like it, but they get the can stuff or nothing. However, they don't complain especially because I make sure that every member of the family have their favorite dish done.

I like it from a can! It has a nice texture with no lumps and the grooves from the can make great guides for slicing.

I like it fresh. This thanksgiving is going to be rough so I won't have time to make as many homemade dishes as I am used to. For that reason more things will be coming out of the can.

Oh I love the canned sauce. I guess everyone has their own taste lol. When I was little I didn`t like it at all. Some in our family like it and some don`t. But we have plenty of food to choose from.

Depends on who's doing the cooking. If its me, the choice is canned since I have too much else to do than to make it fresh. In years past, my mom has brought homemade and it was good for a change. But as I've gotten older, I kinda like my cran sauce smooth since you can get a tiny bit of it on your fork and have some with each bite :laughing:.... and it does cut the grease from the gravy very nicely (gettin hungry now.. hehe).