Thread: Teen's Hobbies

Cool Teen's Hobbies

It's a different world for teens now. Their hobbies include playing computer games and watching tv. How can I encourage my children to take up other hobbies?

By inviting their friends over and getting them outside. Get them to do something either athletic, or just have some type of outdoor party, and get out there and have fun with them!

My nephew was getting quite chubby sitting playing computer games so my sister just put her foot down and set a limit. She also bought him a bike and he and his father discovered a new hobby. They have both lost weight and spend most of their leisure time cycling nowadays.

It's harder when they are older to get them to do anything but it can't be just verbally, we do have to be involved as you see in the other replies here. What ever the hobby is you can be the one who sets them up to do it, in my case it's sports as I had my daughter try different ones at our local park that luckly has a girls league, then she would pick one that she loves to concentrate on. Yes it may cost money to help them find their hobbies but it doesn't have to, it may just take having you involved.