Thread: Pumpkin Or Sweet Potato Pie

Pumpkin Or Sweet Potato Pie

I love making both pumpkin and sweet potato pie, and love eating them, as well! I have to admit, though, that since you use the same type of seasoning and ingredients for both (other than the pumpkin or sweet potatoes, of course), the end product tastes very similar. Yet, some people claim to love one and hate the other. I don't get it! I was just wondering if anyone here has a preference, and why? Oh, and do you like Cool Whip, or real cream? That seems to be a debate, as well. Personally, as far as that goes, I do have to say real cream or RediWhip is my preference.

I have eaten both and they do taste almost the same. I really like Pumpkin pie. And I love Cool Whip and the canned whip cream. I love to squirt it in my mouth lol. And whenever I do my dog comes running because he likes it too. He is so funny. He knows the sound hehehe.

The pies are so similar, it's a little hard to say one is better than the other, but I guess we have pumpkin pies more often simply because my wife has never made sweet potato pies. Given a choice, I'd probably take the sweet potato pie. And yes we use the Cool Whip, or generic version thereof, but I prefer real cream.

In the early '80s, there was a fellow who ran a little BBQ cafe out of an old house not too far from my office. I think he had 2 tables; could seat up to 8 people, but nearly all his business was "take out" or "to go"; good BBQ sandwiches and delicious little individual sweet potato pies.

I bet that most people would not be able to tell which was which if you did not tell them. I lke sweet tater. But it really depends on the seasoning.