Thread: Meat tenderiser

Meat tenderiser

I was looking on the net for a mallet to tenderise meat when I discovered this. I think you in the USA may have had it a while but it's new to the UK. It's 48 razor sharp blades in a hand held plastic case that you use to puncture the meat. It's brilliant!:thumbsup: Anyone else got one?

I do not like tenderizing meat this way. I tried it a few times, but it dries up the meat when you cook it. I have tenderize meat with buttermilk.

I have heard this meat tenderizer is used by five stars restaurants. The holes are really tiny. It allows the marinate to penetrate the meat which is a great bonus. However, the one used in restaurants have over 500 thin steel blades. They are made by the same company though.

Wow, I have never heard of this! It seems like it would work a lot better, and be less painful to your arm, because you wouldn't have to pound so hard. I may have to "Google" it.

Since buying it we have had steaks and chops more often because it works so well. The blades are razor sharp but it has a protective cover and washes well in my dishwasher. How you'd manage to wash it by hand I don't know.