Thread: Thanksgiving Crafts

Thanksgiving Crafts

It seems like Thanksgiving decorating gets overlooked. We get so excited about Halloween, and take about a month preparing for it, and enjoying the decorations, but it seems like once it is over, we start preparing for Christmas. I actually like to decorate for Thanksgiving, as well. I enjoy crafts, and I have some hand-made "turkey" potholders and many items that I have crocheted through the years. Does anyone else have any Thanksgiving crafts?

We'll have the usual children's crafts all around the house like the hand prints cut out from construction paper and made into a turkey along with the decorated pine cones and gourds leave wreaths and table cloths.

I really like making decorations with the kids but the past couple years we have not done it. I want to make some crafts to go on the table. I would love to hear more ideas!

I was just thinking about it. We decorated the door with a few inexpensive items, but I felt we were not doing enough. I am already getting all the Christmas stuff together and plan to start decorating soon. I guess the fact that we are going to my sister's for Thanksgiving takes the pressure of decorating away.

My daughter just gets her kids to carve the pumpkins and they sit one outside on an old chair on top of a sack draped with a white sheet so it looks like a ghost. With the candle glowing in the head it looks really spooky!

Today we made a wreath out of old sticks we found in the yard. We used construction paper to make little leaves to decorate it with. For Christmas we will add red bows to spruce it up! At this point I am trying to think up decorations that will carry over to Christmas.