Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiders!

Crippling phobias equal irrational behavior. I kill all spiders (or make my husband kill them) because they scare me half to death. They really do. I am not comfortable with letting them live.

I like the way you said that "Clears the Karma". However, I am one of those that had to overcome my fear of spiders. I even use sticky traps to catch mice and rats. I try not to kill anything unless it is a treat to my children.

For those of you who think Brown Recluse bites are no big deal...

This is not a rare happening. Brown Recluse bites often lead to serious necrosis (areas of dead flesh) and can be quite troublesome challenge to successfully treat. Not every bite ends up this way but enough do to warrant extreme caution regarding the brown recluse. There are bunches of pix worse than this on the internet posted on serious medical sites. This is not a hoax.

Be careful out there.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

Thank you!!! I am the same way. I can not stand spiders at all! They must have some kind of sense that I am terrified of them too because whenever I see one I will run in a different direction and they always seem to go toward me instead of away. I scream every time I see a spider. Thank God for my husband because he is my knight in shinning armor who kills them for me. My fear of spiders runs deeper than the average person because I have been bit many times by spiders on my face (typically on the eyelid) as a child and even as an adult. The last time a spider bit me on the eyelid I had a super bad reaction to where my face swelled all up and nothing but antibiotics from the doctor took the swelling down. I always know it was a spider and not some other bug because I will typically find a spider near or on my bed soon after a bite. I hate spiders!!!! I would rather have frogs, lizards, and birds in my room eating insects than having to have a spider in my house.
    Nothing like good old fashioned home cookin .....

Personally, I try not to kill them, especially when outside. I was splitting wood early last summer and found this young lady stomping around on the splitter. If you google "fishing spider" you can find out more about her. She is actually carrying her egg sac in her fangs. She will carry it up into a tree, and then find a nice spot to wrap leaves and web around it to create a nursery for them. (See also "Nursery Web Spiders.")

Attachment 2737

I hate spidders too! I live in an arae with rattle snakes and i would fight a rattle snake anytime. Spiders are snicky and never know when one is stalking you.