Thread: European Starling

European Starling

I am not a fan of the European Starling. They come in big flocks and torment the other birds. Once they drive them away they steal the other birds nests. Is there any way to keep European Starlings away?

I doubt that you could do anything that would keep them away apart from the things farmers do like scarecrows and guns going off at regular intervals, but this will keep all of the birds away, not just the starlings.

Yeah, I had thought of both of those, but I don't want to keep all of the birds away. There used to be a ton of great birds here that you just don't see as much because the starlings are so evasive here.

Do the authorities intend to do anything about this? Surely if any species of bird or animal is chasing away the indigenous species, something should be done about it?

I do not even think they know what a European Starling is. It wouldn't matter, the infestation is way out of control now. I mean, how do you get rid of one bird and not the rest unless you hire sharp shooters?