Thread: Gas and electricity price rise

Gas and electricity price rise

The cost of gas and electricity in the UK is rising by 7% with my utility company and the others will shortly follow. Isn't it amazing how these super companies can hold back on lowering prices when the wholesale costs to them are low but are really quick to pass on price increases?

I agree, and I noticed this with gas prices as well, after the prices rise then that becomes the new norm so even if oil prices fall the gas prices don't, they chalk it up to inflation but our pay scale doesn't reflect it.

Wow, I am already feeling the pinch with our price rises. I have not turned the furnace on yet, instead I am using the wood stove and zone heating. I am going to have to find a way to cut electricity costs. Do you think battery powered lamps would be cheaper?

I put us on the monthly budget our Electric company has. You get the same price every month. But the down side is when you get too far into the negative they start adding to the cost. It does help for a long time though. When our electric bill is less than what the budget amount is it takes if off the negative.

I am also on the equal payment plan at our gas and electric company. I make sure to study the bill every month and strive to use a smidgen less electricity or gas than the same month of the previous year. I am happy to say that for the second year in a row, we ended up with a credit at the end of the year.