Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting what?

Collecting what?

I used to collect:

stamps - are they still around?
    matchboxes - replaced by lighters
    tiny pretty perfume bottles - I haven't seen one in years

Now, I am collecting email addresses and urls.

What are you collecting as a hobby?

Lizards! I used to love catching real lizards as a kid when I lived in New Mexico and in Florida. Now I just collect "fake" ones. I am considering getting lizard tattoos....

I used to collect glass paperweights until I ran out of room to store them then, when we were moving, I sold them. I regret that now and may start another collection.

I collected salt and pepper sets for years until I met my second wife and I kind of lost interest! I put them into storage in the loft and I think that they are still there.

I used to collect stamps, coins, key chains, matchboxes, and TV guides when I was in my 20s. In my 30s, I collected DVDs, CDs, books and mugs. I am now in my 40s and I have kind of started purging and getting rid of stuff. I am saving some of my collections for my kids, but if they don't show interest, I will get rid of them.

I have a lot of the old style lighters. The ones that need to be filled. I don`t use them at all. I don`t know if they will be worth anything but I am leaving my collection to my kids.

I collect stamps but not as actively as I did many years ago. My main collection right now are stuffed animals. I just love them because they are uplifting and soft to cuddle. They are everywhere.

I don't do much collecting these days as I simply don't have the cash to spend on collectin'. But I have probably 500 Matchbox vehicles and another 350 Hot Wheels. I used to collect reading glasses but lost interest in that. I had about 50 that I donated to a local charity.

I started collecting stamps when I was about 8 or so. When I was in high school I started buying from my friend's dad, who was a small time stamp dealer. He got me some really good buys and I collected off and on until I was about 32. I had an operation and was laid up for 3 months so had to sell almost all of the collection to keep the bills paid. I still have a small accumulation that I'd like to get organized some day and still look for accumulations at yard sales.

I collect decanters. I have lots of them. I find them anywhere from antique stores, antique shoes, goodwill, to garage sales. I like finding a unique shape/color or both is a really rare find for me!