Thread: How do you cook your turkey? Upside down, bagged or foiled?

How do you cook your turkey? Upside down, bagged or foiled?

I've been doing a brine then cooking the bird for one hour at 400 upside down then a flip add stuffing and continue to cook at 350 till done. Olive oil with spices under the skin.
    Bird looks a little like the Hunchback of Notre Dame but tastes great.

How do you do your bird?

I always use the oven bags. My turkey comes out nice and browned and tender. My granddaughters dad once deep fried a turkey. It took a long time but it tasted good. I`m not a really god cook with things like that so I go the easy way.

We actually cook 2 turkeys, one in the oven at 400 covered in butter and basted through out the cooking, the foil stays on most of the time then is taken off to let the turkey brown. The other we use to experiment with recipes we've seen and want to give a try, we've been deep frying it the last couple years and this year we may try the brine first.

We change each year the way we cook our turkey. This year we will make Turkey fricassee Latin style. When I bake it, I usually bake it breast down for a couple of hours covered loosely with foil, and then we turn it for the rest of the time. Of course, we take the foil at the end to make sure it browns nicely.

I don't actually like turkey, but my wife cooks us a chicken which I do like. I have always wanted to try the deep fried method, having seen my daughter's huge deep fryer in which she fries chickens. I may have to buy one.