Thread: Best tool to get a man for Christmas

Best tool to get a man for Christmas

My husband loves tools, he is a real tool junkie in fact. He already has lots of tools but when I asked him what he wanted to said tools. So what is the best tool to get a man for Christmas?

This is really hard especially when someone is a real tool guy, how do you find something that they don't already have. As an example my dad was a car guy so I knew he would like a compresser (don't know why) but he was also doing different wood projects so I ended up getting him a rotary tool.
    So look at what he works on or wants to work on, investigate and see what he already has then you may find he needs a new one of something or you'll at least know if you see something in the store he might like that he doesn't already have it.

A Swiss army knife is a good tool to give him unless he owns one already. This tool is so compact but it has different tools already. It is very handy and he can take it anywhere he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh View Post
    My husband loves tools, he is a real tool junkie in fact. He already has lots of tools but when I asked him what he wanted to said tools. So what is the best tool to get a man for Christmas?
    Hard to answer a question like that without knowing what he already has. One of my more recently acquired, and frequently used, tools is a non-contact infrared thermometer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Hard to answer a question like that without knowing what he already has. One of my more recently acquired, and frequently used, tools is a non-contact infrared thermometer.
    I would like one of those high tech thermometers, it would be cool.....for about an hour, until I pointed it at everything in the house twice including the dog and then at the motor in my truck. Better get him a gift card and let him pick the tool that he needs if you don't know what it is, What's the buget anyway?

Let's see now... how high is up and how long is a roll of string???

Gift card sounds OK and a multi-tool like a Leatherman with a belt case is good if he doesn't have one. Is he into welding, wood working, or what? Leatherman is universal, good for almost any sort of activity.

We need more input about his tool use.activities to be able to advise better. For example does he do electrician type stuff, plumbing, welding, wood working (carpentry-cabinet/furniture making or what?)

The non-contact IR thermometer is more than a temporary fascinating toy and finds use with engine maintenance, trailer axles, plumbing, HVAC, and of course it is a fascinating toy as well.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I'm getting my husband a set of two-way radios to take with him when he goes outside and starts working around the property. He gets "so into" what he's doing that he loses track of time. This way I can call him in for supper without it getting overdone waiting for him!