Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Off

Time Off

My kids will have two days off this week for Thanksgiving, and about two weeks for Christmas break. What do you do with your kids during their time off from school? Do they spend the whole time watching TV? Do they get homework to be done during the break?

For my kids it's pretty much a mixture of holiday festivities, crafts, playing, watching TV, and either some homework or project which they usually try to leave till the last minute.

My kids have had the whole week off, and they have 3 weeks off for Christmas. Sadly the older two are already fighting with each other non stop. I think they are sick of each other.

That is the problem when the children are on holidays or vacation. They get bored with nothing to do. It becomes a routine of tv, computer, games, fighting, eating. The cycle never ends.

I'm glad to say that I don't have any kids left at home but my daughter does and hers spend most of the day at the park or riding their bikes during school holidays.

It's really difficult to keep them occupied as they get bored so easily. Luckily there are quite a few internet sites that publish ideas to keep them busy with crafts or projects so they aren't sitting in front of the TV all day.

I've always hated it, because just because the kids are home, doesn't mean I have time off from work. As a single mother, my kids were more or less "latchkey" kids.

My grandchildren will visit for part of their vacation---(their parents really need a break!) It'll be good for all of us to have some change to the regular routine---nothing special planned, just spending time together.

My son will spend the majority of the time playing with his toys, playing school with me, watching movies, and a little time at his other home. We did have a busy few days that were filled with travel and family too.

We went to spend the week at my parents house and then this week will be hanging out at home doing projects together. It was nice to be able to spend time with family, and then as our own little family too this year.