Thread: Scrapbooking

Scrapbooking

Do you do scrapbooking? What drew you to this hobby? I want to start making scrapbooks for my girls, but I am afraid of starting it. I sometimes think it might turn into a big hassle. How do you organized your stuff?

I remember doing this as a child when I lived in Scotland. It was a very big thing there and all the corner shops sold "scraps" which we would buy with our pocket money. I kept all mine in a big box.

I have done a little scrapbooking, but I have never gone overboard. I have a girlfriend that even belongs to a club. She spends tons of money on materials. I like it just as much as the next girl, but I don't have the time or energy to really go at it.

My sister and I are scrapbooking fanatics. There is nothing like finding the finding the perfect way to display a photo. Then the photo becomes even more valuable for me. It also gives my sister and I the opportunity to spend quality time together.

The great thing about scrapbooking is that it can be whatever you make it, there are kits to get you started if you don't want to go it alone but I love it because I can be creative.

It's really just like putting a photo album together, only taking things a step or two further. Think of it as making a "decorated" photo album. If you like to decorate, you'll like to scrapbook.

I decided to finally give it a shot. AC Moore had a great sale this week, and I bought a whole bunch of cute stuff. I am going to start by making one of the girls when they were babies. They are older now, but I never got the chance when they were small.

I have dabbled in scrapbooking but it is something that I don't have the patience for much of the time. I love it, but I want it done now, if you know what I mean. :}

I don't do it, but my wife and daughters do. They get together every so often to do it, and they have such a ball. It does my heart good to hear them laughing and carrying on like they do.