Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left Overs

Left Overs

Now that Thanksgiving is over. What big plans do you have for the left overs? Do you just heat them up, or do you make other stuff with it? I am going to just heat up the first day but then I try to add little stuff that makes it different.

I am planning on just heating up. However, if you guys give some ideas as to what to do with the left over turkey, I will really appreciate it. I don't think I can handle turkey sandwiches everyday.

Of course we don't have Thanksgiving here in the UK, and I don't like turkey in any case, but my wife is great at making curries and casseroles with leftover meat of any kind. I imagine a turkey omelette would be tasty too.

I have cut up all of the ham and turkey. I made some turkey salad with it. I am using both to make lunch sandwiches to send with my partner for his lunches.

I make some yummy tarts with turkey, pesto, and leeks. I was supposed to make them today but got lazy and ordered pizza, so they're on the menu for tomorrow instead.

That sounds good. I would love to know how you make tarts out of the left over. I have never made them before, but I do like them.

Buy puff pastry sheets, cut into rectangles, and prick with a fork, leaving edges alone. Spread on pesto, small turkey pieces, sauteed leeks, cherry tomatoes, and feta. Brush tart edges with beaten egg, then bake the tarts at 425 degrees F for 15-20 minutes and garnish with black pepper and basil leaves.

I cut up the turkey into small pieces and toss it in with vegetables for a yummy veggie salad. I also make it like I would do a chicken salad and use it as sandwich filling. Yummy!

Believe it or not, I still have a little turkey left over. I think I am going to make a quiche with it. I am planning on using the last bit of ham also. I am going to miss turkey. I am glad it comes only ones a year. :-)

Unfortunately, we did not have as much turkey left over as I would have liked. I think I am making turkey again for Christmas. I really enjoy turkey. I don't really make it much during the year especially because it is very expensive if you find it. I really don't like the legs and wings which is what my supermarket has year round.