Thread: Tiny bathtub

Tiny bathtub

I have a large bathroom with a tiny bathtub. The bathroom is huge so I do not understand why the builders put in such a little tub. I love warm baths but it is so uncombable in that tiny tub. I am a small person too at 5'4 and 128 lbs. So that is not the problem. How much does it cost to renovate a bathroom. I would love to repalce this crazy tiny tub with a normal one.

There's no standard answer. It depends on a lot of things, not the least of which is which contractor you use, but also the specific tub and/or other items, whether or not plumbing needs to be moved; i.e., drain location in the floor, incoming water lines, etc. Just nothing more than a wild guess, but I'd say somewhere between one and five thousand.

My friend has a small bathroom and she just had it renovated. She changed the tiles, the bathtub and some fixtures. She finished paying about $3,000. You should go to a hardware store and figure out what things you like so that at least you get an idea on how much materials will be. Then call a few contractors to get estimates. Make sure they are insured and never pay in advance. Good luck.

We just had our bathroom redone because it was very outdated. It wasn't that expensive for use because my husband knows how to do plumbing. We were lucky to find a lot of the stuff we needed in the bathroom for little money. It just took us a long time because we had to do it when we had free time.

I renovated our bathroom myself. It's not a huge job and it cost me just the price of the bathroom suite of bath, toilet and sink plus the floor and wall tiles. (We put the shower in later and I did that myself as well.)

My husband is a wood worker, knows plumbing, and his best friend is a licensed electrician. Between my husband and his friends labor will not be a factor. It will be the cost of the supplies, tub, and other things like that.

It just really depends on how much change you want to make. Gutting the whole bathroom is different than replacing a fixture or two. It would be the cost of materials times two or three if you pay for the labor.