Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real or Fake

Real or Fake

I have not decided what type of tree I'm going to buy. The old umbrella one is finally ready for the garbage pile. What do you prefer? A real tree that you need to remember to water or a carefree fake one with lights already on it?

I know that people say that real trees are a hassle, but I love the smell of pine. They remind me so much of my childhood, I just can't do with out them.

The whole process of picking the tree, trimming it, the smell, vacuuming the needles and even the sadness of having to take it down when christmas is over is all apart of my Christmas experience that I wouldn't trade.

We've tried all kinds and when the children were still at home we had a real one but now that there's only the two of us we don't bother and just stick with the small fibre optic one we bought a few years ago.

I liked real ones when I was a kid but now I prefer fake trees. They are less hassle and it's one less tree being cut down.

I prefer the fake one. We make a ceremony of putting it up and adding the decors and the lights. No hassle about needles falling out and watering. Nothing to dump in after Christmas.

Peppercorn, I saw a fiberoptic tree at a coworkers house. It was very nice. I tried looking for one, and it seems they don't make them any more. How come they don't have this wonderful trees available. The do have pre-lit trees, if I don't find a fiber optic, I'm going for the fake one. It does make more sense.

I like the real ones, but I really don't like taking care of them. I have solved that problem by having a little pine in my front yard, and a big pre-lit tree in my living room.

Fake tree and a pine scent car deodorizer or some Pinesol.

Pat
    "I'm not from your planet, monkey boy!"

I don't think anything beats out a real tree. I'll always prefer it. That said, we have used fake trees for many years now, as a sign of convenience as well as hating to contribute to the forestry issues.