Thread: Making Christmas decorations.

Making Christmas decorations.

Does anyone make their own? When I was a child we always did, using crepe paper and pine cones, lots of glitter and silver foil. My mum also used to make a garland to hang in the window. It's so much fun for kids!

Thats me! I am hopping I can get in to some cross stitching again. I want to make some ornaments. The kids and I are also collecting pine cones and other supplies to make some decorations.

We usually have both traditional store bought decorations and we always take time to take a day or evening to make some and this is where I don't try to get to controlling but let their imaginations and creativity flourish.

Last year my son asked us to buy him some decorating materials before Christmas rather than a present so that he and our grandson could make all their own decorations. The whole house ended up covered with home made stuff that looked so much better than the tacky stuff you buy in stores.

I got my kids to do some wonderful Christmas decorations over Thanksgiving weekend. It was a great way to keep them entertained during the time off. It was very productive and we had some extras to give as Christmas gifts.

Is there a website with ideas for making Christmas decorations? I can rally the kids to do them, but I am not very creative.

I make an Advent wreath each year. Advent is the season before Christmas which is the "time of preparation". It helps get me into the Christmas frame of mind, and kicks off my decorating. I do a different wreath design each year.